Part time - 24 hours per week / 4 days per week
SCHCDS Award Level 2
This is a great opportunity to join a well-respected community legal and social welfare agency for young people and play your part in helping young people and their families to get their lives back on track! YAC has a multidisciplinary team delivering services across the greater Brisbane area generally, to young people aged 10-18 years who are involved in, or at risk of involvement in the youth justice and/or child protection systems, and/or are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
YAC values diversity in all its forms and welcomes applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people; those from ethnically diverse communities; and LGBTIQ+ persons.
- Generous salary packaging in accordance with the Award
- Flexible work arrangements and a supportive work environment
- Access to regular supervision, including external supervision as required
- Access to professional development opportunities
You love administration, take pride in your work and enjoy having variety in your busy work day.
You will have:
- Certificate II or III in Business Administration (desirable but not essential) and minimum 2 year's experience providing reception and effective administration/business support
- Possession of a “C” class Driver’s Licence
- Possession of a positive Qld Working with Children check (“Blue Card”)
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 as evidenced by COVID-19 Digital Certificate (or medical exemption)
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency or a visa which allows you to work as advertised
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience and skills in reception and office administration systems and processes
- Advanced computer literacy skills
- Ability to provide administration support at all levels
- Exceptional organisational skills including self-management, planning, and prioritisation and the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to positively deal with conflict, complaints or those in distress
- Ability to proactively identify process/system inefficiencies and contribute to solutions
- Good written and oral communication skills at all levels with a diverse range of people
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and autonomously
- Commitment to social justice and human rights principles, particularly in relation to children and young people
About the Role
The Receptionist and Administration Assistant provides support to YAC's management and operations staff to enable efficient and effective delivery of YAC’s services.
Along with a great variety of administrative duties, this role will manage our Reception area including answering the telephone, forwarding messages, greeting visitors to YAC and responding to general email enquiries.
No two days are the same!
Just a sample of some of the duties associated with this role:
- Answering incoming calls, transferring calls or taking and passing on messages
- Monitoring multiple email accounts
- Creating and formatting documents
- Assisting with meeting and event management
- Ordering stationery supplies
- Managing incoming and outgoing mail
- Assisting with IT queries and requests
- Assisting with fleet management including car bookings
- Assisting with basic financial tasks
- Running errands
- All other administration tasks as required
To apply for this position:
- Access the Position Description document
- Send the following to email@example.com:
- CV/resumé including the names and contact details of at least two referees
- 1 to 2 page response addressing the essential requirements (listed under “The successful candidate will have the following” section), and a summary of your previous experience.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0450 994 103 if you have any questions regarding this position.
Street address: Level 4, 16 Peel Street, South Brisbane Q 4101
Mailing address: Level 4, 16 Peel Street, South Brisbane Q 4101
Tel: (07) 3356 1002
Bussiness hours: 9am - 5pm, Mon - Fri