Youth justice issues
YAC has been advocating for change regarding youth justice issues for over 40 years.
Unfortunately there are still many concerning issues prevalent in our youth justice system.
This page is currently being updated and will be available soon.
Papers and submissions
Browse our full catalogue of papers and submissions from recent years.
Will you join us to help young people today?
Many young people in Queensland need support and assistance to get their lives back on track.
Children in these situations are often victims of abuse or neglect and deserve an opportunity to turn a page in their life.
These young people need informational and emotional support to get their life back on track and achieve their goals. This support can change their life forever.
Street address: Level 4, 16 Peel Street, South Brisbane Q 4101
Mailing address: Level 4, 16 Peel Street, South Brisbane Q 4101
Tel: (07) 3356 1002
Bussiness hours: 9am - 5pm, Mon - Fri
If you need urgent assistance outside of these hours:
- Youth Legal Advice Hotline 1800 527 527 (Mon to Thurs 8am - 9pm, Friday 8am to Sunday 5pm)
- Kids Helpline 1800 551 800 (24/7, 365 days per year)
- Lifeline 13 11 14 (24/7, 365 days per year)
- Homelessness Hotline 1800 474 753 (24/7, 365 days per year)
- If you are over 18, and seeking access to Mental Health Services in Queensland, Acute Care Team on 1300 MHCALL (1300 64 2255).